Kirby IP Canada is looking for an IP Clerk who is a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized individual with the desire to learn and to provide exceptional service to our teams and our clients.
The IP Clerk will perform some receptionist duties and provide complete IP file and general office support to patent agents, assistants, mail room, and other administrative staff.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
• Analyzing incoming paper and electronic correspondence to the Firm, including scanning and copying
• Docketing incoming deadlines and updating record information as received from the Canadian Intellectual Property Office
• Preparing Canadian reporting letters (file closure letters, filing certificates, transfer recordal and registration certificates, and issued patents)
• Monitoring department due dates
• Organizing, indexing, labelling, and maintaining electronic and paper files
• Performing special projects to assist agents, assistants, mail room and other administrative staff as required
• Relevant experience in intellectual property and/or administrative support is an asset
• High level of technology literacy required; demonstrated skill in the use of MS Office Suite, Web browsers, PDF compilation programs, databases, web editing, social media, etc.
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to work with and take direction from a variety of people, including patent agents, assistants, secretaries, managers, and other administrative staff
• Team player with the ability to work independently
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to effectively organize, index, sort, label, and file documents with accuracy and proficiency
• Effective searching skills, including the ability to locate and retrieve electronic and hard copy documents and locate basic information via the Internet, often with minimal information to start
• Data entry accuracy and proficiency highly desired, including the ability to identify how and where to profile electronic documents and how to code documents in databases
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Michelle Hatcher at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include IP Clerk in the subject line.
Kirby IP Canada is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from applicants of all backgrounds. Should you need this job description in an alternative format please email Michelle Hatcher at email@example.com or call at 613-237-6900.